What we share is how people make sense of us - it is always best to be very mindful of decisive topics like politics and religion, to consider your motivation before posting and to always be thinking about the person reading. Â
Before posting make sure you can answer YES to all of the following:
- NOT GOING TO REGRET POSTING IT - Is this something that I am not going to regret?
- NOT BRAGGING - Is this not about grandstanding myself?
- IS PUBLIC - Is this public information (e.g. not confidential or sensitive)?
- ALIGNS - It aligns with organisations, people and groups that you value?
- MEETS A NEED - Does this need to be shared?
- HELPS - Does this really help?
- SMILING - Are you smiling?
- IS POSITIVE - Is this positive?
- IS TRUE - Is it true?
- IS THE HUMOUR FUNNY - Does everyone get your sense of humour?
- NOT WHINGEING - Does your audience like a winger?
- ARE THE PICTURES OK - Do pictures make sense to your audience?
- ARE YOU READY FOR COMMENTS - People may make comments, and if you leave any negative ones unchecked then what you don't say may send the wrong message.
- IS IT SOMETHING I WOULD SHOW MY FAMILY - Always a good litmus test.