5 quick and easy steps for how to get followers to "make a comment" and hopefully even "have a conversation".
- ASK AN EASY TO ANSWER QUESTION - what is going to be the most important topic for your audience? one strategy is to simply ask easy questions. For example, when getting a conversation started for an art blog consider an "icebreaker" like: would you buy this painting for a friend?, where would you hang it?, what memory does this painting bring back for you?
- SOCIAL PROOF - make your audience feel that this is a safe place to engage. There is always safety in numbers so consider directly asking your most oldest followers to make a comment. These are the people that have followed you through all the good and bad, so they will most likely be ready to help. Do this before you share your post.
- SHARE - share your post in your email newsletter, on social media, in personal emails, on direct messenger, on forums, on the phone, etc. etc.
- ASK - be ready to continue to ask key people in your audience for engagement. For example, send a personal email to individuals saying that "we are considering a series of posts about this topic and would value your thoughts".
- ENGAGE - to show that your are interested, engage authentically and promptly with your audience's comments.
What works for you?
What type of posts do you find that people most want to engage with? feel very welcome to share a comment.