There is potential in just a few minutes, if you only have a couple of minutes each day to do your digital marketing then ask - what is the one most important thing that my audience would appreciate?
When you are time-limited, a good strategy can be to simply do one of the suggested daily digital marketing tips.
Worth considering is that 5-minutes is generally how long it takes to drink your favourite cup of hot flavoured water - grab a cup of coffee, tea or whatever takes your fancy, and whilst you drink see what you can do with your digital marketing to help influence your audience.
It goes without saying that if you can allocate more time then you can generate more content that can help your audience more with their goals and challenges.
The important thing is to ensure that you focus on what is most important and don't let opportunities slip by.
Regardless of whether you are time poor or time privileged, a couple of minutes a day can be more than enough time to get digital marketing activities done and be productive.
Suggested quick tips for your daily digital marketing activities:
- It is not about you - people don't like spam and content that is always about yourself is spammy.
- First, listen to understand and then contribute - social media provides each of us the freedom to express our opinions and through the respectful sharing of ideas we all have the opportunity to learn about what is important.
- Listen to, talk with and do the things that will help you to understand your audience - social media is not a one-way conversation. How you respond can make a big difference in how you are perceived.
- Search and explore what's interesting - be prepared to search in social networks and find how communities engage around interesting topics of interest.
- Like, mention, comment or reshare what is relevant to you and your audience on your social media timeline - watch your social media timeline and make a point of engaging with what other people are saying with a like or comment.
- On social media follow and share people who influence the conversations that are important - reshare and comment on the interesting posts that your influencers are sharing.
- Share on social media a helpful topical link along with your key takeaways - whilst searching remember to watch for interesting content that you can reshare with your own thoughts.
- Join social media channels that are meaningful for your audience - your audience will be where they are actively participating and searching. Besides the obvious social media channels your audience will also be relying on word of mouth, search and others so have a cross channel strategy.
- Step into your audience's shoes and help to solve problems - have conversations to learn more and share meaningful and useful content that meets your audience's needs.
- Share your awesome content on your blog and in your email newsletter - make time to create awesome content.
- Engage with your blog and in your email newsletter - embedding social media content can be a quick and easy way of putting together a blog post, asking for engagement and keeping in touch with your audience.
- Connect, acknowledge and say thank you - personally say hello to new contacts on social media and invite them to subscribe to your email newsletter. When connecting show some interest, because connecting with care makes a difference and will more likely lead to a lasting relationship. This should be done daily because it is best to connect with people in the moment when they are interested.
- Make it easy - in practice it is best to make it easy for people to engage, for example when messaging and talking to people ask if they would like you to add their email to your email marketing list instead of excepting them to use a form to sign them up.
- Asking a daily question is a great way of encouraging engagement - make questions interesting, topical and definitely not about yourself unless it is a "fun fact" that nobody would know. Questions give people an excuse to engage and once you get started the questions will just flow. Remember if you get one response then many more people would have seen what you had to say.
- You cannot break digital marketing - if what you are doing now doesn't work, don't worry too much and try something new.
HAVE YOU GOT A SOCIAL MEDIA ENGAGEMENT TIP?
Together let's make an an awesome list.
Comments very welcome.