First, to get started access your ghost editor use the URL supplied. Usually this will be your domain name followed by ghost, for example
Helpful articles for navigating the Ghost editor
Note that availability of some of these items will depend on your user role and hosting arrangements.
- Post title - the post title is used to name the post and is located at the top of post, above the body section.
- Rich editor (how to change the body of the post) - the post body is used for the content of the post and is the main section of the Ghost post editing screen.
- How to use the dynamic menu - used for uploading pictures, using markdown, embedding HTML and other commonly used elements.
- How to publish content - used for publishing and scheduling (where available), by default draft posts will be intermittently saved.
- How to delete a post - used to delete a post, it is important to note there is no undo, delete a post in the properties section located to the right of the body section.
- How to set the feature image - the feature image will be the primary picture associated with the blog post, set the feature image in the properties section.
- How to customise the post URL - the post URL is how the blog post is found on the internet and once set should not be changed, set the post URL in the properties section.
- How to change the publish date - the post date is used to order posts when listed with others and to select recent posts for email marketing, set the post publish date in the properties section.
- How to set tags - tags are used to help organise how posts are grouped together, set the tags for the post in the properties section.
- How to set a custom excerpt - a custom excerpt is used to briefly describe the content of the post and as a best practice should be kept to a minimum of words, set the custom excerpt in the properties section.
- How to set author(s) - authors are the people that should be credited with authorship of the post, set author(s) in the properties section.
- How to set custom meta data - Ghost will make reasonable assumptions about what meta should be used, but in some case different platforms will have special requirements, set custom meta data in the properties section.
- How to inject custom code - custom code can be used to effect the post, inject custom code in the properties section.
- How to set a custom template - posts can have different templates, when setup custom templates will be available in the properties section.
- How to feature a post - depending on theme featuring posts will have different effects, set featuring in the properties section.
Also, refer to how content is organised for helpful information about how the post selection screen organisation works.
Comment and share if you have a suggestion for the list, or if you know of anything that should be included.