When wanting to keep in touch with your audience with the least amount of effort, consider sharing a post that contains an embedded social media post.
If you are using Ghost, to embed simply copy the URL of the post into a new line.
Otherwise, to embed a post ...
- View the post on Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc. that you would like to embed.
- Locate and click on the embed button which is usually located on the right hand side of the post.
- Copy and paste the code into your website.
The exact instructions for all the technical stuff will be different for LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc., so for help with your preferred social media platform best to do a quick Google search.
Once you have gotten started with embedding it is easy, but why embed?
Embedding a social media post can be a great way to:
- Add social proof to an article - positive (and negative) comments, stories and reviews on social media can influence purchasing decisions especially when shared by your own network or people with similar interests.
- Ask your audience for engagement - comments help to show that what you share can be trusted, which in turn helps to establish your authority as an influencer in your particular topic of interest.
- Help stay connected - embedding can provide an authentic narrative of content that readers of your blog and newsletter will be interested in.
Interested in your thoughts, share a comment if you regularly embed posts in email newsletters and have found them useful.