It is always best to stay away from anything decisive like politics and religion, to mindfully consider your motivation before posting and to always think about the person reading.
Before posting make sure you can answer YES to these.
- NOT REGRET - Is this something that I am not going to regret?
- NOT BRAGGING - Is this not about grandstanding myself?
- IS PUBLIC - Is this public information (e.g. not confidential or sensitive)?
- ALIGNS - It aligns with organisations, people and groups that I value?
- MEETS A NEED - Does this need to be shared?
- HELPS - Does this really help?
- SMILING - Are you smiling?
- IS POSITIVE - Is this positive?
- IS TRUE - Is it true?
- IS IT FUNNY - Does everyone get your sense of humour?
- NOT WHINGEING - Does your our audience likes a whinger?
- ARE PICTURES OK - Do pictures make sense to your audience?
- ARE YOU READY FOR COMMENTS - People may make comments, and if you leave any negative ones unchecked then what you don't say may send the wrong message.
- IS IT SOMETHING I WOULD SHOW MY FAMILY - always a good litmus test.
🤔 engagement post, interested in comments - read and share thoughts what would you include on the list of questions to ask before posting?